Kentucky – Tennessee Society of American Foresters is looking to create a social media presence using the Facebook and Instagram platforms. This will be the first year of this internship, thus we are seeking motivated students to jump start the program! One student will be selected from the University of Kentucky, University of Tennessee, and University of the South and will work together to create content for a year.
- KTSAF Social Media Interns are responsible for populating the KTSAF Facebook and Instagram pages with content relevant to KTSAF members – particularly students.
- Interns should strive to create posts that encapsulate the life and experiences of a forester, or someone working in a profession (being a student is a profession!) related to forestry.
- One photo each month should be a member spotlight highlighting a KTSAF member’s career and why they are involved in SAF. This post will require interviews with KTSAF members.
- One photo each week should be on Tuesday using the #TreeIDTuesday hashtag. This post will challenge the viewers to guess the tree species and encourage them to interact.
- One photo each week should be on Friday using the #ForestryFriday hashtag. This post can be anything related to forestry, including the different professions, forest health issues, forest products, utilization, silviculture, harvesting, effects and impacts of prescribed or wildfire on forests, etc. These posts are to simply to highlight forestry in the Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Working with the KTSAF Social Media Coordinator, Interns will be responsible for replying to comments and interacting with posts on Facebook and Instagram, creating Facebook events, and creating Instagram posts to advertise events.
- Interns are expected to work with each other to determine content and communicate with the KTSAF Social Media Coordinator.
- Each intern is expected to contribute at least 22 posts throughout the year – each Intern is expected to complete 4 Member Spotlight posts, 17 – 18 #TreeIDTuesday posts, 17 – 18 #ForestryFriday posts, and create/advertise for approximately 2 – 4 events.
- Manage LinkedTree page with updated websites.
- Each intern will receive a stipend of $250 for the year, free registration/lodging and formal recognition at the KTSAF Winter and Summer Meetings, and will be encouraged to include this internship on their CV/Resume.
- KTSAF will receive exposure on Facebook and Instagram and increase engagement with younger members of our group.
Apply for the KTSAF Social Media Internship 2023
*Application close date: February 28, 2023* If you have further questions, please contact Katie Fitzsimmons at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tim Phelps at Tim.R.Phelps@tn.gov.