Jenny Wiley State Resort Park
75 Theatre Court
Prestonsburg, KY 41653-9799
Wednesday January 25th (6:00 pm EST)
- Evening Registration
- Executive Committee Meeting
Thursday January 26th (7:30 am EST)
- Morning Registration
Welcome – Moderator, Dr. Steve Bullard, Chairman; University of Kentucky Department of Forestry
Session 1 – Surface Mine Reclamation and Reforestation
- History of reforestation as post surface mine land use retrospective and recapitulation.
Paul Rothman, Commissioner; KY Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Protection
- Modern methodology for tree planting in surface mine land reclamation for post mine land use.
Dr. Don Graves, Professor; University of Kentucky - Department of Forestry
- Barriers affecting proper implementation of reforestation as post surface mine land reclamation.
Pat Angel – Office of Surface Mining, US Department of the Interior
- KY Elk Restoration Project or Carbon Sequestration Research.
KY Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources or Field Professional in Carbon Sequestration
Session 1- Panel Roundtable; Question and Answer Period
Lunch – (Provided)
SESSION 2 – Forestland Taxes
- KY Forestland Taxes; Effects and Ramifications.
Tammy Cushing, Assistant Professor; University of Kentucky – Department of Forestry
- Forestland Property Taxes; Trials and Tribulations – A Case Study.
Jim Corum & Don Girton, Private Non-Industrial Forestland Owners
Session 2 – Panel Roundtable; Question and Answer Period
Student Jeopardy & Wood Identification Contest for all.
Social Hour and Silent Auction (Don’t Forget to Bring an Item for Silent Auction)
Awards Banquet (Dinner Provided) - Key Note Speaker To Be Announced
Friday January 27th (7:30 EST)
- Business Meeting
- Site visit shows Reforestation in Post Surface Mine Land Reclamation and KY Elk Restoration Project.
Adjourn KTSAF Winter Meeting
Travel Home And Be Safe!