KTSAF aggregates articles, papers, and publications that are helpful resources to our foresters and other natural resources professionals. If you have other material relevant to our members in Kentucky and Tennessee please email the webmaster.
Professional Hardwood Forestry Notes
These publications were a join venture between the University of Tennessee and the University of Kentucky
- Managing Oak Decline
- Oak Shelterwood: A Technique to Improve Oak Regeneration
- Hardwood Plantations as an Investment
- Forest Management Strategies to Minimize the Impact of Gypsy Moth
- Two-Age System and Deferment Harvests
- Treatments for Improving Degraded Hardwood Stands
- Technical Guide to Crop Tree Release in Hardwood Forests
- Site Preparation and Competition Control for Hardwood Tree Plantings
- Uneven-age Management in Mixed Species, Southern Hardwoods: Is it Feasible and Sustainable?
- Site Preparation for Natural Regeneration of Hardwoods